EXCEL - How to Fix the Mail Merge "0" Issue in Word 2007
1. Close your contacts list (if it's open)
2. Open your mail merge within word (labels, envelopes, etc.)
3. Click the Office Button (circle on top left of Word)
4. Click "Word Options"
5. Click "Advanced" on left
6. Scroll all the way to the bottom and place a check in the "Confirm File Format Conversion on Open" box
7. Click "OK"
8. Although our fields, etc. are already in this document, we need to re-access our database (Excel contacts list) which will update our fields to fix the ZIP code
9. Click the "Mailings" ribbon
10. Click "Select Recipients"
11. Choose "Use Existing List...'
12. Locate your excel file and then Click "open"
13. A screen will now come up that you have not seen before
14. Place a check mark in the "Show All" box
15. Scroll down and select the following option (be careful though... there are some that look alike): "MS Excel Worksheets via DDE (*.xls)
16. Select "Database" (but if this doesn't appear, select "Entire Spreadsheet")
17. Click "OK"
18. Your document will flash, etc.... wait a minute and all of your fields will update
19. When you click "Preview Results" you should see your completed mail merge with the corrected ZIP code!!!